Tuesday, February 9, 2010

House Tree Person (HTP)

The House Tree Person (HTP) Assessment was designed to reveal information about a client's personality, patterns in behavior, and interpersonal relations. It is also an assessment of brain damage or overall intellectual functioning. The participant is to draw a house, tree, and person. Each image (house, tree, and person) has been viewed as a psychological self-portrait.

I enjoyed participating in this assessment during class. I drew my parents house and the big tree to the left of it. I also added a person (me) swinging from that particular tree. We did not have a swing in that tree, but I loved to swing in the backyard trees. We did not have much time to process this assessment, so I cannot go into more detail about the outcome of my HTP assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment