Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CRIT CARD

The Crit Card Method, created by Tom Anderson, involves a communicable aspect of art criticism. He stated that “the art critic’s task, then, is to look at works of art and their contexts to see what they tell us about the human condition” The Crit Card Method is an “interactive model of educational art criticism” consisting of four primary processes: 1) general reaction, 2) description of thematic, formal qualities, or intended emotional impact, 3) interpretation, and 4) evaluation.

I will implement Crit Card 1 on ONE of my favorite works of art ( I can't have ONE favorite!).

The work of art chosen to critique is titled Down with Inflation by Martin Kippenberger.

1) What is your first reaction to the piece?

"Hmmmm this seems a little absurd. I wonder why his pants have fallen off."

2) How does this make you feel?

"At first I feel entertained and lighthearted, but then I feel perplexed."

3) What does it make you think of ?

"It makes me think of a man that should be in distress, but does not appear to be worried."

4) What does it remind you of?

"It reminds me of the photo I secretly took of my friend standing in front of the painting (see below). We found it to be quite humorous!"






2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,

    This all looks great. Unfortunately, the critcard evaluation is not present. Could you upload that?

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! coming soon! before wed.!

    ReplyDelete