Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Assessments (bridge drawing & favorite time of day)

















These assessments (bridge drawing and FTD) were discussed and processed in groups during class.

The following questions will be answered pertaining to each assessment.


1) Was it useful or not useful?
The Bridge Drawing was useful to me. I thought it was not going to express anything, but it ended up expressing a lot. The bridge was rickety and the water took up most of the page.

The FTD was useful as it brought me to a place of serenity and a calmness. I was able to "go" there and was reminded of some of my favorite memories.

2) Will you apply these assessments?
Yes!
3) What information was gained?
My bridge is not sturdy indicating an I feel an unstable foundation in my life. The water represents the peace I wish to feel in my life, as it takes up most of the space.

I learned that simply drawing my favorite time of day, revealed where I would like to be right now at the very moment and those that would be with me.

4) Will you use it with your clients or forget about it when you go home?
I will continue to use this assessment with my clients, as it has proven to be helpful both for the client and me to recognize where the client sees themselves in life between two places and to note progress throughout treatment (using the assessment during a beginning session and then again during a later session).

I am looking forward to using this assessment with my clients as I have yet to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment